Oct 14, 2011

Court Reporting Services

My friend works in a government office as a Stenographer. At the back of my mind, I was thinking about her, working as someone who records all the conversations happened during a court meeting, but I was wrong. It was more than that.

She works in the court reporting services. Meaning to say, she records all the verbal proceedings in the courtroom. It is not just an ordinary recording but she needs to write the exact words, accurate real time records and many others. Most of the time, she records all those proceeding through stenography, a process of shorthand writing. I often see her notes with special writings that only she can understand. According to her, those notes are very important in court reporting because everything that has been recorded will help convict a criminal man or free an innocent man.

I find her work a bit challenging. If I’m on her shoe, I guess I will need to have a good sense of hearing in order to record all the important details in a court meeting. Added to that, I also need to work on writing as fast and as accurate as I can. Most of all, I need to learn the art of stenography. Although there are now machine shorthand or stenotype available in the market, but I need more time to learn all those things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the Comment. I will visit your blog soon.

I Disclose:

This policy is valid from 24 May 2011. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact ADMIN in the comment section in any post. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the readers to verify the product endorsement as legitimate.