Nov 10, 2011

Marriage to a Foreigner

If you are planning to get married to a foreigner and bring them to the United States there are a couple of ways to achieve this.

You may go to the country of your intended and get married which would allow you to apply for a visa for your spouse in their native country. You would submit the necessary paperwork to the American consulate or embassy in that country as they will be the one to approve or disapprove the visa this could take up to six months depending on the situation in that country.

Another option would be to marry in the United States in this situation you would apply for a fiancée visa which would also be approved in the country of your spouse. This could take approximately 6 months also. The fiancée visa does seem to be the better option here in most cases once your spouse has arrived in the United States you will have 90 days to get married. The options are up to you research the country of your spouse and then make your determination as to which visa would be quicker and beneficial to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the Comment. I will visit your blog soon.

I Disclose:

This policy is valid from 24 May 2011. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact ADMIN in the comment section in any post. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the readers to verify the product endorsement as legitimate.