Nov 17, 2011

My Favorite Dog

Last year I lived in a house that was located in a federal preserve some of the land was private the rest of it belonged to the US government. This federal preserve was actually located in a swamp. There you could find a variety of wildlife such as red tail Fox, alligators and snakes and many different types of critters.

I would get up early in the morning go outside and get the newspaper. I was always very careful to be aware of my surroundings as you never know what you might run into out there.

One morning while getting the newspaper I ran into this very large dog who looked quite ferocious at the time. He looked at me and I looked at him not knowing what to expect so I stared him down and said what do you want around here. He began to wag his tail and sat down I could see at this time he would not be a threat so I motioned for him to come over to me and he did. This was the beginning of a great friendship between me and the dog I would name Rusty. I do not know where this dog came from he seem to be a free spirit just wandering around at will.

I bought some dog food and dog treats and begin to feed him in the morning when I got the newspaper. He would show up for breakfast and hang around for a few hours and then disappear until the next morning. I guess he just wandered around the park rest of the day.

This dog was very intelligent on one of his morning visits I gave him a dog treat an said sit down Rusty and two by surprise he did, I then ask him to rollover and he did I would throw a ball he would chase it and bring it right back to me. Is my opinion that someone had really loved this dog and trained him well how he got to the federal preserve I never did find out.

I eventually moved to another state and did not see Rusty again but I always wondered what became of him I wish I could find a dog like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for the Comment. I will visit your blog soon.

I Disclose:

This policy is valid from 24 May 2011. This blog is a personal blog written and edited by me. For questions about this blog, please contact ADMIN in the comment section in any post. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation. The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content. The owner of this blog is compensated to provide opinion on products, services, websites and various other topics. Any product claim, statistic, quote or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider or party in question. It is the sole responsibility of the readers to verify the product endorsement as legitimate.